Protein is essential for helping your body repair and build muscle. It also plays an important role in losing weight and getting lean.
There are many ways you can make a protein shake from using homemade ingredients to buying whey protein powders (like optimum 100% whey). But today I want to introduce you to my morning shake and encourage you to start making diet shakes and even meal replacement shakes a part of your every day diet.
I make my morning protein shake with frozen strawberries and a frozen three berry mix.
- I microwave the strawberries and three berry mix for 2 minutes so that it’s easier to mix together.
- I then use a hand mixer to make smoothie out of the strawberries, three berry mix, protein powder, and skim milk.
- I’ll also add a banana and /or whole oat meal. Both seem to keep my energy levels up for a longer period especially if I use this as a meal replacement for my morning breakfast.
- I don’t feel the need to snack before lunch.
- You can also add other fruits depending on what’s in season.
- I’ll also add any solid vitamins to the mix.
A doctor once told me some of these vitamins will not dissolve completely or at all. Not sure if the absorption levels are the same or not, if the vitamins are broken up. I haven’t seen any studies confirming this one way or another. The hand mixer does an excellent job of breaking them up. I have found that using the hand mixer has a less cleanup than using a blender. The glass goes in the dish washer and I just rinse off the mixer.