What is Cardio Sculpt?
In a cardio sculpt class, one is offered the combination of cardiovascular exercises and the muscle sculpting exercises. The cardio sculpt class usually lasts for an hour, and consists of different formats of exercises that depend on the fitness coach. Many instructors will split the class in two halves, the first half or first 30 minutes people have to do the cardiovascular exercises, and in next half various weight training exercises. Some instructors follow an interval type pattern of exercising, where the cardio exercises is mixed with weight training exercises.
The class starts with warm up exercises that gets your body ready for high intensity exercises. Warm up has stepping, lunging, stretching, reaching and squeezing, then a series of isolation exercises are introduced, where one has to work with the arms with some bicep curls and cardio sculpt the legs with exercises like squats and squeezes. Then your shoulders get into action with cardio sculpt movements like upright rows and lateral raises. This was what goes on in a cardio sculpt class. Mentioned below, are the various benefits of cardio sculpting workouts and the exercise program.
Cardio Workout Exercise
The exercise program can start with a warm up session which consists of low impact movements, that can be marching in place or stepping. It is important that you do a good warm up, to prevent any muscle soreness or injury due to the high intensity exercises. Then the cardio exercises like hustle, skip, laps and sprint can be done in the classroom or gym. For strength training a medicine ball or one light weight of 5 or 10 pounds can be used.
The strength training exercises can be 10-12 repetitions of exercises like squats, jacks, cross jacks, squat with chest press, sprint, side lunges, wood chops and side wood chops. Exercises like walking lunge with twist, run of a lap, squat with overhead press, sets of push ups, side planks and triceps dips are also introduced. After you are done with your workout, make sure you perform stretching exercises and techniques, focusing on stretching exercises of the particular muscle groups you worked on. Stretching exercises will help to improve flexibility and help in additional toning of the body.
Benefits of Cardio Sculpt Workout
- With age, bones become weaker, in such a case these classes can help to support and strengthen bones by resistance training exercises.
- Cardio sculpt or body toning exercises help to slim down, because they help to increase body’s metabolism, which means while toning your body fat and putting on muscles you are adding more calorie burning power.
- Compared to other aerobic fitness program, one gets to see the results in a shorter period of time.
- With a balanced diet and regular follow up of the cardio sculpting classes, one can lose weight healthily and effectively.
- While performing the body sculpting and toning exercises, one can increase their muscle tone and look attractive.
- Cardio sculpting exercises help in losing weight and toning the body in a short amount of time, and create a new figure.
Next Article: Hitt Cardio Workout
Main Article: Cardio Six Pack Abs