An ideal workout should consist of all the 5 components of physical fitness, which are cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility and composition. So, in your exercise program make sure you include these 5 components. You should include cardiovascular exercises for your cardio health, which is also a full body workout. Weight training exercises help to strengthen and build your muscles, and for endurance training keep adding more weight to improve your endurance. For flexibility, make sure you follow stretching exercises after your workout. For body composition, calculate your BMI properly and then according to your ideal height weight, aim at that weight. Take a look at your height weight ratio.
- For Lower Body: Squats, lunges, calf raises, deadlifts and leg press machine
- For Back: Back extension, seated row machines and lat pulldowns
- For Abs: Crunches, reverse crunches, oblique twists and pelvic tilts
- For Chest: Chest press machine, bench press and push-ups
- For Triceps: Tricep extension, dips and kickbacks
- For Biceps: Hammer curls, bicep curls and concentration curls
- For Shoulder: Overhead press, front raise and lateral raise
Make sure you follow a proper posture, stick to light weights and break down 20 repetitions of each exercise into two sets.
Your workout should be well balanced with cardiovascular exercises and weight training exercises for different muscle groups.
- Cardiovascular Exercises: Even in your cardiovascular exercises keep changing the workouts to have a good cross-training workout. The cardiovascular exercises can be anything from jogging, running, skipping with a jump rope to boxing, workout on elliptical machine, bicycling, etc. Before you start your cardiovascular exercises, it is very important that you do a warm-up session of around 7-10 minutes, which can be mild jogging. This will help to circulate the blood throughout your body, and will prevent any muscle soreness. After half an hour of cardiovascular exercises, you should perform strength training exercises.
- Full Body Measurements: Make a chart in your excel worksheet on your PC, or in a book. Note down your current body weight, and note down your other body area measurements with an inch tape. This way you will be able to check, if you have lost weight or gained muscle mass in inches. The body areas where you need to take measurements are typically the neck, chest, waist, hips, biceps, lower arms, wrists, thighs and calves. Note all these measurements in your chart.
- Stretching & Cool Down: After you finish your workout, stretch the muscle groups you worked on. Stretching exercises and techniques will help to improve your flexibility. Some of the examples of stretching exercises are the spinal twist, the cat and camel stretch, hamstring stretch, lunge, standing quadriceps stretching, wrist flexion and extension, shoulder overhead and extension, etc. Surf the internet for a list of stretching exercises, and their pictures to learn the right posture. Make sure you hold the stretching posture for a slow reverse count of 10 seconds.
Next Article: Mens Health Recipes
Main Article: Mens Health