One can easily tone their abs at home with some regular abdominal exercises and by following a proper abs diet. There are many exercises and many fitness equipment which claim to aid in obtaining ‘the 6 pack’. However, one needs to perform ab exercises at home in a right manner and select effective ab exercises wisely in order to have that perfect waist. Some floor exercises at home can help you lose your belly fat and convert those flabs into abs. Also with ab exercises, you will be in an indirect way strengthening your back too, without actually performing back exercises.
Best Ab Exercises at Home
Many times people don’t have the time to go to the gym but still everybody wants to look fit. Here are some good ab exercises at home for you to do, which don’t require any expensive exercise equipment.
6 Pack Building Ab Exercise
- Lie down on a mat facing upwards and lace your fingers behind your head.
- Bend your knees, bringing them near your chest.
- Now for performing this exercise, simultaneously straighten out the left leg when turning the upper body towards your right and bringing the left elbow towards the left knee.
- Return back to starting position and repeat for the opposite side.
- This exercise is a bit difficult, but after a little while you will be able to coordinate properly.
- Do 12 repetitions of this ab exercises at home, and by performing it regularly you will have the attractive six packs abs that you have always wanted.
Endurance Building Ab Exercise
- This workout greatly helps to build endurance and also helps to workout the back muscles.
- Lie down on a mat facing down.
- Rest your forearms flat onto the ground to maintain your balance.
- Start pushing away from the ground by raising you lower body from toes slowly, but keeping your elbows rested.
- For this exercise your back should remain flat and in a straight line, from your head to the heels.
- To avoid sticking your rear end in the air, contract your abs and tilt your pelvis.
- Hold the above posture for 20 – 40 seconds, slowly lower down your body and carry out 4 repetitions. This exercise is also one of the best lower ab exercises at home.
Ab Crunches on Exercise Ball
- This is more effective than the above floor abdominal muscle exercises but needs a little more practice and precision.
- For this ball workout, sit on an exercise ball with your feet flat on the ground.
- Let the ball slowly roll back and lie back gradually on the ball till your thighs and torso are parallel to the ground.
- Now cross your arms over your chest with your chin tucked near the chest.
- To maintain better balance spread your feet wider.
- Contract your abdominal muscles and raise your torso up, but never rising it more than 45?.
- To workout the side muscles of the waist, keep your feet closer and keep exhaling while contracting your muscles. When returning to the starting position, keep inhaling.
- Carry out 15 repetitions of this, exercise ball workout.
Ab Crunches on Floor
- If you are looking for easy ab exercises at home, this exercise is perfect, especially for women.
- Spread a mat on the floor, and lie on the mat facing upwards.
- Lace your fingers behind your head, and keep your ankles crossed.
- Keep your feet on the mat, with your knees bent.
- Lift your torso towards your knee.
- Make sure every time you are lifting yourself up, from your torso and not from your neck or shoulders, and ensure that you contract your ab muscles while lifting your torso.
- With each contraction it is important that you keep the chin off your chest.
- Perform at least 20 repetitions of this exercise.
Next Article: Workouts Get Ripped Abs
Main Article: Get Ripped Abs