Many people all over the world today crave to have the perfect body which includes a flat abdomen and six pack abs. If you too wish to build muscles and abs, you need to undertake weight training and strengthening exercise programs. Along with the exercise, following a proper diet is also essential, as it is meaningless to follow exercise routines without preventing the fat build up in the body. Following a diet not only helps in weight loss, but also helps in building muscles. So, what are the foods for six pack abs? Let us know about it in detail.
Guidelines to Follow Six Pack Abs Diet
You should plan your meals including the above mentioned foods. If you are wondering what are the top 5 foods for six pack abs, then note that fish, lean meats, nuts, whole grain foods and oatmeal are the best foods for muscle building. Now following is a list of foods that are to be avoided in the diet for six pack abs:
- White bread, pasta, potatoes
- Sweets, candy, cakes, desserts
- Fried foods, fries, chips
- Fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated oils
- Alcohol, foods with trans fatty acids
Following this diet plan is simple as you just need to eat right and eat in limited amounts. One of the most important things to remember about the muscle building diet plan is that you need not have to starve. Now let us take a look at the list of foods to eat for six pack abs.
Best Foods for Six Pack Abs
- Lean meats, lean poultry, egg (whites), fish, seafood
- Fresh fruits and vegetables, green leafy vegetables, lentils
- Skim milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, low fat dairy, peanut butter
- Oatmeal, nuts (almonds, walnuts)
- Brown rice, whole grain products
- Extra virgin olive oil, fish oil, garlic
- Green tea, herbal tea
Although you must have often heard about the ‘super foods’ for muscle building, there are no such ‘super foods’. In fact, these are ordinary foods which are easily available in the market. You should make the right combination of food and include only healthy foods in your diet. Following are some guidelines you need to follow when planning your diet:
- Your muscle building diet should consist of high protein foods as proteins help in tissue and muscle building.
- Secondly, you should have healthy or complex carbohydrates for gaining energy, and cut down on refined carbohydrates.
- You should eat more of fiber as they help in detoxification of the body. At the same time, fibers are low in calories and hence, can help in filling the stomach quickly.
- It is also essential to drink an adequate amount of water to prevent dehydration.
- Include foods that burn fat for six pack abs like whey protein, cottage cheese, lean proteins, milk, etc. in your daily diet.
- You should avoid eating foods high in fats and cholesterol as they lead to weight and fat gain.
- You should exclude all the unhealthy foods like fried foods, salty and greasy foods, sweets, fast food, preserved food, junk food, high sodium containing food; alcohol, etc.
- Make sure that the food is baked, broiled or boiled; rather than fried and marinated. You should also avoid eating any preserved foods and sauces as they have high contents of sodium which is unhealthy.
- You should have smaller meals at regular intervals throughout the day, rather than going for 2 large meals a day.
Next Article: Mens Health Abs Diet
Main Article: Six Pack Abs Fast