You might have heard that it is not possible to spot reduce fat from body. Yes, this is a fact. You cannot lose fat from certain parts of your body. You will have to involve each and every body part in the weight loss program. For losing weight, you need to follow two main things, exercise and sensible eating on a regular basis. While you lose body weight, some good ab workouts can definitely help you tone your abdomen. Following are some of the known-to-be very effective abdominal exercises. Perform them as directed to get a flat and toned ab.
Good Six Pack Ab Workouts at Home
- Lay straight on the floor with your hands on the sides. Lift your legs off the floor such that they come parallel to the wall. Try to lift your hips up without moving the rest of your body parts. Stay in this position for about 30 seconds. Do it for a count of 15 in the beginning. A count of 50 per day is required.
- Lie straight on the floor. Keep your hands either on the sides or under the buttocks. Lift your legs about 6-9 inches off the floor. You are not supposed to strain your neck or bend your lower spine. The lower back should also remain flat on the floor. You will feel your abdominal muscles contracted. Stay in this position for as long as you find it comfortable. When you are no more able to hold the posture, return to the starting position. Wait for a couple of seconds, and then again repeat this ab workout. This is one of the good ab workouts for women. Read more on ab exercises for women.
- Lay on your back on the floor. Place your hands behind your head. Keep your feet on a chair or stool such that the upper legs make a right angle with the upper part of your body. Lift your upper back above the floor and contract the abdominal part simultaneously. Hold this posture on for about a minute, if possible. Come back to the original position and relax for a second. Repeat this ab workout. Do it for a count of 10 in the beginning. Gradually increase the rep to 50 later on. Read more on how to get flat abs.
- Sit erect on a chair with your hands on the sides. Bend the upper part of your body making an angle of 45 degree with the legs. Move your legs upwards. The posture of your body should resemble a ‘V’ in shape. Try to keep your back straight without bending the lower back while lifting the legs. You will feel that your abdominal muscles are contracted when you are in this position. Stay in this position for 30 seconds. Come back to the original position gradually. A rep of 5 is sufficient.
- Lie on the floor with your hands on their sides. Bend your legs, bring them towards your chest. Now, move your legs continuously as if you are running a bicycle. Do it till you feel exhausted. This is one of the good ab workouts for men as well as women. Performing this particular ab workout for about 10 minutes in the beginning is sufficient. Gradually increase the time length to half an hour within a month.
- Lie straight on the floor with your ankles crossing each other. Bend your legs at the knees, and move them towards your chest. Place your palms behind your head. While in this posture, lift your shoulders off the floor. Make sure that you are not putting any strain on your neck and your lower back lie flat on the floor. This is one of the very good lower ab workouts at home that can give you a flat tummy within a month’s time.
Next Article: Ab Exercises for Women
Main Article: How to Get Six Pack Abs Quick