Day in and day out you see people with wash board abs sitting at pool sides and adorning the lounge chairs in their gardens. They sit there tanning themselves, slathering oodles and oodles of lotion on their perfectly flat abs that could bounce a nickel right off of them. And they’re probably oblivious (or maybe not) to the envy they evoke ‘coz of their abs. You think they got it easy, don’t you? You think they were born that way? No way. Nothing that looks so good can be that easy! So if you’ve ever been an onlooker and wished that you had abs like those, then well, who says you can’t? Just follow these simple steps for a great ab workout plan and before you know it, you’ll have abs to die for.
Ab Workout Plan for Men
Getting the perfect abs is not magic. One needs to work really hard to get them. The following are the things you’ll need to as part of the great ab workout plan.
Always warm up for at least 5 minutes prior to a workout session. Warm up exercises are essential to prepare the body for the exercises that are to follow. Do some walking, jogging, skipping rope, etc., by way of these.
Swiss Ball Body Hold
- Take a Swiss ball and a bench and place them 3 feet apart.
- Place your toes on the bench and your elbows on the ball and balance yourself. (Be very careful when you do this.)
- Make sure that the body is in a straight position when you do this.
- Now roll the ball away slowly, as far as you can, without letting your back sag.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- If the position becomes too tough to manage, then take the ball a little closer to the bench.Do about 1-2 sets of this.
Read more on exercise balls workouts.
Wrist to Knee Curl
- Lie on your back and put your elbows out at a 45 degree angle.
- Now maintaining the earlier position, let the fingers touch the sides of your forehead.
- Bend the hips and knees at a 90 degree angle.
- Now lift the shoulders and hips off the floor and hold them there.
- Then return to the earlier position without stopping.
- This makes one repetition.
- Now do the same thing on the other side.
- Do 2-3 sets of these, with 10-15 reps.
Medicine Ball Up Curl
- Lie on your back and bend your knees to a 90 degree angle.
- Place your feet flat on the ground.
- Take a medicine ball and hold it above your head and keeping your arms straight (without bending) touch the floor.
- Then in one swift motion, sit up quickly and contract your abs at the same time, while thrusting the ball in front of your body.
- Maintain the straight position of your arms throughout this.
- Then go back to the original position on the floor and repeat the exercise.
- Do 2-3 sets of these, with 10-15 reps.
Ab Workout Plan for Women
If you’ve ever noticed, the abs of men and the abs of women are different. A woman does not usually follow an ab workout plan that will drive her abdominal region into a six pack, because it does not look good. However, having a chiseled and curvaceous ab region is every girl’s dream, what with the curve of the waist being one of the most sensual parts of a woman’s body. So if that is something that you want for yourself, then simply follow this ab workout plan.
Make sure to do some warm up exercises before workout.
- Stand with your hand on your hips and your legs about hip-width apart.
- Keep your torso stable and move your hips to the right side.
- Now bring them forward and slide to the left.
- then return to the center and repeat the same action on the left side.
- Repeat 8-10 times in both directions.
- Stand with your hands on your hips and legs about hip-width apart.
- Tilting your pelvis at the back (so that your lower back is rounded), draw your abs in.
- Then push your hips forward and and tilt the pelvis forward as well.
- Repeat this 5-8 times than reverse directions.
- Now tilt your pelvis forward while lifting your chest.
- Then drawing your abs in, tilt your pelvis back and round your back.
- Do this 5-8 times.
- Sit on a Swiss ball and go forward till the torso and upper back rest on it.
- Then bend knees to a 90 degree angle and keep your feet about hip-width apart.
- Crossing your arms at the chest, extend one foot till your leg is parallel to the floor.
- Now count till 15 and release your feet to the floor.
- Then extend the other foot, count to 15 and release it.
- Then bring your feet back to the upright position.
- Repeat this entire cycle 5-8 times.
Next Article: How to Build a Six Pack Quick
Main Article: How to Get a Six Pack in a Week